Friday 9 October 2015

Don't make me a liar. Não me faças passar por mentirosa.

 [portugues em baixo]



This is Puria and his family. I met them today while they waited to board the boat to Athens. Puria is the little boy in the family photo and he is the one sleeping on the bench waiting to board the ferry. Puria, his brother and his parents asked me many questions about Europe. They asked if people were going to be nice to them. If they were going to be able to play football on the street and if they could go to school and learn. I said "yes!" to all these things. Please, don't make me a liar. Welcome these people and all other arriving. Be good to them! Puria will appreciate it and be thankful. So will I. 

Este é o Puria e a sua família. Conheci-os hoje enquanto esperavam pelo barco que os vai levar a Atenas. O Puria é o menino pequenino na foto de família. Tem 5 anos. Também é ele que está a dormir no banco enquanto espera que o ferry chegue. O Puria, o irmão e os pais perguntaram-me muitas coisas sobre a Europa. Perguntaram se as pessoas vão ser simpáticas para eles. Se vão poder jogar futebol na rua com outros meninos. Se podem ir para a escola e aprender. Eu disse "sim" a tudo isto. Não me façam mentirosa. Recebam bem quem quer que chegue ao vosso pais ou cidade. Sejam bons para eles. Por favor! O Puria agradece e eu também.

No comments: